This is a dish I’ve made many times and it works so well with burgers (halloumi, veggie or meat) as it acts a little like a salsa or relish would. It’s messy to put in on the bun, but great on the side! It’s also good with grilled or blackened fish.
Warm Courgette & Corn Salad – serves 2 as a side, preparation 5 minutes, cooking time 12 minutes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium courgette, quartered length ways and cut in to slices
- 170g can sweetcorn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs (or the herb of your choice)
- 30g parmesan, grated or shaved
- pinch salt & black pepper
Heat the oil and butter in a medium saucepan on a medium heat. Gently fry the garlic for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let it burn. Add the courgette, sweetcorn and herbs and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a pre-heated oven proof dish, top with parmesan and put under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper. Done! Delicious!